There are many variation of sheperd pie here are my 2 variation. I did it in a rush so I'll just write down the ingredients for now, will update with link to the recipe with measurement.
- Onion- if using red onion, use less, if using holland onion use more
- Italian herbs mix- basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme,parsley & sage
- Crushed black pepper
- Chicken meat- mix dark & white meat to avoid dryness
- Cheese of your choice( my favs: mild-mosarella, rich, creamy but mild- cheddar, quite strong- parmesan)
- Mixed vege
- Corn starch
- Chop onion
- crush garlic
- peel and cut potato to big bite size
- Mix corn starch into water
- Boil water with salt,onion, crushed black pepper,garlic, bayleaf & italian herbs.
- Once reach to boil, put in chicken meat, boil until cooked inside out.(Not too cook as it will be re-cooked along with sauce and later baked)
- Take chicken out and put aside to cool off a bit.
- place in potato.
- In the mean time shred the chicken meats to small pieces but still chunky.
- Once the potato are soft take it out.( Make sure it doesnt get too overcook as it will become too mushy, unless you like that way)
- Mash the potato together the butter and cheese. May add milk if want to.
- Put in shredded chicken into the stock (water used to boil chicken & potato)
- Adjust water quantity to chicken.
- Add mix vege and herbs & spices according to taste.
- When you are happy with the taste, add corn starch mixture until it gets thick (Gravy like )
- Pour canned mushroom soup into a new pot
- Add the remaining stock to to reach preffered texture
- Get it to boil. Add shredded chicken, mix vege and herbs & spices according to taste.
- This does NOT NEED CORN STARCH
- Pour the 'chunky chicken gravy'/ filling into a presentable pyrex(will be served in the baking pyrex, can't be taken out)
- Take mashed potato and used to cover the filling's surface, put and spread it. Alt: I used 2 spoons to shape it and place it all over the pie's filling.
- Sprinkle permesan on the mashed potato.
- Pre heat oven and bake it to 180'celcius, 10-20 mins untill the mashed potato tips, gets browned and the whole surface looks dry and cooked. Time will depend on quantity/size of pie.